Remember the Rescue Back to all sermons
Date: November 23, 2018
Speaker: Pastor Curt Romig
Series: Exodus: Saved and Set Apart
Scripture: Exodus 12:43–13:16
The following study guide is to be used to discuss the Friday, November 23, 2018 sermon.
Study Guide – Exodus 12:43 – 13:16
Read Exodus 12:43-13:16
- Who should celebrate the Passover? Why does God put restrictions on who can celebrate it?
- In 13:3, Moses commands the people to "remember this day." What are the things in the passage that Moses tells the people to do to help them remember? Why is it so important that Israel do all of these things to remember the rescue from Egypt? What will happen if they forget? Read Psalm 106:6-7.
- What do you do to remember God's rescue for you from sin? What happens when you forget?
- The Passover has clear links with our practice of Communion. Jesus celebrated the Passover when he instituted Communion before he died, and we remember God's rescue of us through the blood of a lamb (the Lamb). How does this affect how we should view communion? Are you giving it enough importance in your life?
- In 13:8 and 13:14, we see the importance of telling the next generation about God's rescue. Are you telling your children and/or helping to tell the next generation about God's rescue?
- Is there anything your life group can do to help each other remember God's rescue and faithfulness?
- Consider sharing with your group something God has done in your life in the last year or two, to help them remember God's faithfulness.