Limitless God, Limited Man Back to all sermons
Date: December 28, 2018
Speaker: Pastor Curt Romig
Series: Exodus: Saved and Set Apart
Scripture: Exodus 18:1–18:27
The following study guide is to be used to discuss the Friday, December 28, 2018 sermon.
READ Exodus 18:1-27
1. Who is Jethro? What does the text tell us about him?
2. What happened that led Jethro to worship Yahweh?
Application: In your life, who could you be telling about all that the Lord has done in your life? Who could you be telling about God's work among his people at ECC?
Application: Remember the first time you understood all that the Lord had done for you, through the death and resurrection of Jesus. Who was the first to tell you? How did you feel when you understood it?
3. In verses 13-27, Moses is a mediator between God and the people. What are some of the ways we see that Moses is inadequate as a mediator?
4. How is Jesus a better mediator between God and his people than Moses was?
5. What are the qualifications for the people Moses should find to help him?
Application: Read verse 18 again. What areas of your life have you been trying to carry alone, that are too heavy for you? You are not God. How can you reach out for help to lighten your burden?
You could spend time in prayer, asking God to give opportunities to tell others about all he has done, and praying that we would humbly seek help from others in our times of need.